Thursday 5 April 2012

95% of your competitors are too scared to do it.....

The more I'm getting involved in cold calling, the more I'm feeling confident in making the calls and I'm actually beginning to enjoy it - now that's something I wouldn't have said a few months ago.   For instance, I'm not now staring at the 'phone for 10 seconds filled with dread before I make the call.  It's crazy to think this way because the very worst case scenario is "I'm not interested, Christine".

According to Bob Etherington's excellent book "Cold Calling For Chickens" "Nos" are not bad things. Go for more "nos".  Two is not enough - success usually comes on the sixth attempt"

First job of the day is to check my database and there's my "clients to call" set out with details in respect of what I've said and what my prospective client has said to me.  It's great when I call and say "Hi, Mr Drive By Website Prospect, the last time we spoke you were going on holiday, did you have a great time?"   

The majority of our potential clients already have a website and, to be fair, their websites are absolutely fine but the more I speak to my potential clients, the more I find out that although, yes, they do have a nice website, they are experiencing problems. As an example, they may be struggling with updating their website because it's really hard to do.  Update costs and how long it takes may also be putting them off contacting their web developer.

By identifying the problem, I can provide the solution to the update problem and, in addition, I will put them at ease by saying something like "You may be thinking that it will be inconvenient and time-consuming to change your web developer but this will not be the case.  We will demonstrate to you the ease in in respect of how this will happen with no inconvenience to you and your business.  You will not have to worry about a thing and your website updates problems will be a thing of the past."

Cold calling is working for Drive By Websites and it will work for your business too.


"The only people who tell you that cold calling doesn't work are those too scared to do it themselves",
Bob Etherington - Cold Calling For Chickens.





No comments:

Post a Comment